When the circuit breaker started in Singapore many venture capital firms and investment banks have either postponed or canceled their investment to startups. I manage a few startup portfolios and when investors called me to tell the founder they will cancel the fund, I wasn’t prepared to tell the news.
Do you know how it is hard for me to share this news with a startup? Truth is nobody knows when the outbreak will be over. Startups are having difficulties to raise funds during pandemic no matter how innovative the platform.
So Instead to just talk, sit and relax during quarantine I’ve thought to step up and to use my resources to help my friends to get funded. For every day in two weeks, I email and call relevant investors to invite them to join in the event. I’ve been up until 3 am pitching to each VC how this event is worth their time. Sure it isn’t my favorite thing to do – chase people on Linkedin and WhatsApp because honestly, it is more fun to do selfie video on Instagram and be cute. But I’m a true friend and I want startup founders to have the support they need.
I didn’t expect that most people I called for help will support the event. To those who haven’t confirmed their attendance yet, the event is still open for investor guests until 3:00 pm, 20th April of 2020.
So, here we go…..
- Access is only applicable maximum for 2 persons per company.
- All participants and guests will be muted except to hosts and moderators.
- Please do not eat during the meeting. It will distract the participants during the event.
- Q&As are not applicable to guests. Only judges will ask questions after pitch.
- Please submit your pitch deck by Tuesday until 11 am, 28 April 2020.
- Do not include sensitive information in the deck that will compromise the privacy of your company. The organizer will not take any liability.
- Please be on time at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Singapore GMT +8.
- Please make sure you have a good Internet connection.
- Maximum two (2) presenters of the pitch.
- Pitch is strictly allowed for 4 minutes. The moderator will stop any exceeding time.
- Judges will ask questions for 2 minutes. Please answer accordingly.
- You will be given feedback by Mr. Vince Kohli. Feedback is a one-way conversation the investor will comment about your pitch and will advise you on improvement. No questions allowed.
- By participating, the Startup agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules and represents and warrants that it meets the eligibility requirements. In addition, the Startup agrees to accept the Organizer’s decisions relating to the content of this pitch event as final and binding.
- The Organizer has the right to verify the eligibility of each Startup. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- If the Startup uses fraudulent methods or otherwise attempts to circumvent the rules, its submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- Judge the pitch based on an innovative business model, scalability, product, market validation, and team.
- Maximum of 3 questions for 2-mins to each startup.
- Ask necessary and relevant questions. No shameful questions.
- If you give overall advice, keep it short, relevant, and to the point.
- Be nice, understanding, and empathic. Bullies in pitch are not welcome and will be stopped by the moderator.
- After the event, all judges will message the host their top 3 startups.
After the pitch event:
- The judges will select the top 3 pitch based on a business model, market validation, and presentation.
- Top 3 will have an opportunity to pitch directly to venture capital firms.
- Startups’ contacts will be shared with investors after the event.
- The Organizer will only share the contact information of participants with permission. The contact information is only the Company email address and URL. Other forms of contacts such as WhatsApp or Social Media links are subject to the approval of the participant.
- All participants and guest’s information are not shared with any third party without permission.
- All brand promotions are not paid. Startup Nomad is promoting brands to help her associates in their marketing campaigns.
- If you appreciate the event and want to give the organizer a gift as a token of appreciation, it will be appreciated but not required.
No. It’s a meeting in Zoom for startups to pitch to investors to potentially get funded.
If your platform is innovative, you will be invited to pitch. If you are an aspiring startup founder, you will learn how founders rise funds for capital.
You will meet competitive startups with innovative platform and judge their pitch. All participants’ contacts will be shared with investors. You can decide from there if you would like to move forward in investment.
I pitch professionally to raise a capital for companies from seed to series D. I also pitch as a startup founder to validate my company’s business model. I was a finalist in Startup World Cup (India), Biggest Idea Winner in Singapore and tech blogger correspondent in Singapore Fintech Festival and Money2020 to name a few.
I understand how to raise a capital, how to work with investors and what to advice to startups. Hence, I organized and will host an event with professionals.