I have always been a brunette chic and the only time I had blonde hair was back in the days in Sydney when I was young, playful in style, and adventurer. My locks were bleached to achieve my desired colour of ash blonde. I was a regular customer at every salon I knew in Sydney and I remembered spending over AUD 600 just to achieve my desired hair colour. On top of colouring my tresses, I’ve also been through massive spray tanning and I have added an extra bronzer to shine at all times. I am an outgoing person who loves to hang out with friends. So, getting all dolled up is a common routine for me. 😋
I admit that going through different colouring treatments is not my favourite activity. Not only can it be very expensive for someone who has long tresses but it can also be high maintenance.
With the recent overwhelming hustle job at PPE and Fintech, I have been highly stressed out and my tresses became very dull. Thank god, I found Yoon Salon. It is an upcoming salon that offers the best care services. I immediately booked an appointment at their Midpoint Orchard’s outlet. I am really so lucky to have gotten a slot on a public holiday. As always, I am super picky about what beauty services I use. And YOON surprised me at all levels. So here’s why I love their services:.
1) The employees are friendly and professional. They assisted me to achieve my #hairgoals. The results were exactly what I wanted. Yay!
2) There are many services to choose from and the stylist will guide you on what’s best for your mane. They also offer scalp treatments and maintenance.
3) The stylist is professional, polite and he understands what he is offering to the client. I was well-informed. I was educated on the kind of colours that suit my skin tone, products that are best for scalp treatments, and the products to use to maintain healthy locks.
4) The location is superb. It is located at Orchard and just opposite 313 Somerset mall which is convenient. I had an appointment at 3:50 pm so I decided to have lunch at Somerset where I enjoyed authentic Italian pasta and ended it with delightful New York cheesecake. As soon as I finished a cup of latte, I headed to YOON, just about 4 mins walk from 313 mall. It was convenient and easy to find.
5) It is a clean and well-maintained salon. It looks cozy and welcoming. I also noticed how attention and care were given to every customer. I appreciated that the stylists were not noisy. I had a quiet time to enjoy my day off without hearing any form of gossip from the people around me. Haha! As you already know most salons have the ‘gossiper stylists’ who talk a lot whilst they work. I don’t find it relaxing with them around me. Here, I had the quiet moment that I needed.
When I reached the outlet, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and we chatted a bit about the services that I needed. I own a bunch of hair oils, Brazilian shampoos and conditioners and other treatments that make my locks smell great. But for some reason the products just don’t get absorbed into my tresses! So, my locks look flat and dry.
It can take me forever in the shower because I have to take care of my long locks. If you are wondering, I have naturally long locks beyond my waistline (no hair extensions) and I love it. I have no desire to cut it short but having long hair is not easy to maintain. I have to use deep conditioning treatment regularly. The solution will be left on for 2-minutes. I will then wash it off to give my tresses extra hydration.
I always believe that no matter how many products you put on your face, if your mane is dry, dirty, and oily it is a huge turn-off. It reflects your personal hygiene. Hence, I always wash my hair every day and use scalp treatments to avoid dandruff flakes when I go out.
With me taking care of my mane so well, I am super particular about how my mane is being washed at parlours, the kind of products that get onto my tresses and the overall professionalism of the stylists. Even if one factor is not up to my expectations, I will reject the salon.
At YOON, the experience was completely fulfilling for me. After the stylist coloured my strands, he applied luminous smoothing oil to make my locks glow and shine. I was blown away by the results. My tresses look beyond silky smooth and it stays clean.
Not only that YOON offers an A-list of premium hair services but their prices are reasonable too! They have on-going promotion for SGD 28 for the first session so if you are looking for the best hair service, visit them. They have three outlets – Midpoint Orchard, Queensway, and Havelock II.
I enjoyed my experience! From the moment I stepped in till I stepped out from the outlet I was treated very well. Although the salon is small, I feel it provides personalized services. My experience turned out to be so comfortable and relaxing. I am also impressed that all the hairdressers are highly qualified with strong professional and customer service skills.
How The Consultation Works At Yoon Salon:
1) Stylists are always ready to explain and recommend the best style that suits you. The shape of your face, your skin’s undertone, and even your personality do play a part in that selection.
2) From wedge cuts to layered cuts, their team of professionals will do the best styling for you.
3) Once agreed, your tresses will be snipped off accordingly and styled.
4) Be ready to be wowed by how ravishing you are going to look. The complete look will be modern and stylish to flaunt.
The employees at Yoon were wearing a mask at all times. Upon entrance, my temperature was checked and I have to fill-out a form of my particulars. It shows that Yoon is a responsible commercial establishment that ensures the safety of their employees and customers.
I love the new colour of my hair and it looks silky and neat. I had a lovely time at Yoon Salon and I recommend it to my friends.