When I tell people my age, they don’t believe me and they ask what are my skincare secrets to stay youthful. I am no by means an expert but since I have a background in chemistry as one of my major subjects in undergrad, I understand the ingredients that are non-toxic and toxic in the skin.
So, allow me to share how you can achieve a glass-skin to help you look younger.
- Always wear sunblock to protect your skin from exposure to harmful UV rays. UV rays penetrate deep into the dermis layers and over time, destroys collagen.
- Moisturize your skin every day before you go to bed. It helps hydrate your skin. I typically use milk lotions and creams.
- Care for your eye area. Select eye creams that have excellent organic ingredients for the prevention of wrinkles. I always apply creams to my eyes.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking reduces oxygen to the skin, which also decreases blood circulation, and that can result in weathered, wrinkled, and older-looking skin.
- Eat oily fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, and tuna are the best source of omega-3 essential fatty acids, which have been found to protect against cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis. For the past years, I eat tuna sandwich for breakfast and Norwegian salmon with lemon for lunch.
- Increase your intake of antioxidants. Since I was 19 years old, I have been taking collagen powder and I mix it with fresh full milk every night. In the morning, I take vitamins A, C, and E to protect my body against free radicals.
- Eat less. I don’t find it fun because I love food but as I get older, I find it hard to lose weight. Hence, I am trying to make a small portion of meals every day. However, I always fail during holidays and this is a good reminder to be mindful of the calorie intake.
How To Look Younger In Make-up?
When I was in living in Boston, women want to look sophisticated, sexier, and more mature. When you’re a grown-up professional but look younger than your age, they don’t take you seriously. Haha! In Asia, every woman I know wants to look younger. We want to have a dolly and innocent wide-eyed, and youthful-looking skin.
To achieve dolly make-up first you need to use concealer and pressed powder to give you soft skin. Draw a straight line in your eyebrow in dark brown colour, use pinkish eyeshadow palette, good quality of eyelashes, and dark brown eyeliner to give you the dolly eyes.
Put a soft pink blusher on your cheeks and apply Teint Couture Healthy Glow Bronzer Powder on your upper cheeks. Use a soft pink colour shade of lipstick or lipgloss.
And that’s it! 🙂
I get my make-up from Lazada or Zalora, so click the links below to get your $5 off from Lazada and 10% off from Zalora.
This blog article is sponsored by Lazada and Zalora.